Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some of you may not be aware of the tragedy that has fallen upon my phone recently. It spent an unfortunate four days burried in a pile of snow in the street by Lori's mailbox. Luckily, Lori rescued it and brought it up to core temperature for me. When I pluged in into the charger, I heard a few gurgles (from some tiny bugs who made a home in it, no doubt), but it worked okay. I know the phone is ancient; don't laugh! The only problem was both of the screens are blue, making it impossible to access my contact list. It gets better- one of the hinges was cracked and quickly fell off, so now I have to be causious or this happens. I know it's hard to see, but the phone is hanging on by just one side, and if I'm not careful, the top will fall off. It's a sad story, sure to have a tragic ending (at least for the phone). The worst part is that when I went into the Verizon store to extend my contract and get a discount on a new phone, they said I wasn't eligable for another two months! So if I don't return any messages, it's not that I don't like you, I just can't access my voice mail, and you can forget about texts! The moral of the story is: if you're a little scatter-brained (like me) or just unlucky, invest in phone insurance!! I never get it and I always regret it.

1 comment:

julie said...

My first cell phone cracked at the hinge and worked until it came completely apart. That was the sad end to its too short of life.

Those darn things are expensive and the cell phone companies do not try to make them sturdy. Smart business move, more mulla in their pockets.

I hope you had a great time with your mom and sister. If we were well we would have tried to get together. We have a nasty influenza bug that is not worth sharing. I hope you let them know that we missed them. J