Sunday, December 7, 2008

Freaky Friday

I had the weirdest day on Friday- not a bad day, just weird. It started out with my work Christmas party. This isn't just a little party with my coworkers; it's all of Wasatch Mental Health- probably over a thousand people. I only know 20 at the most. Not a really fun party. It's actually more like a big meeting with lunch. Well, they called me up in front of everyone for my five years of service award. Since I've only worked there three years I didn't budge, expecting there to be another Rachel Chamberlain. (We have 2 just within our family!) Apparently its actually not that common of a name. They were all confused, I was shouting from my seat that it wasn't me, it was a huge mess... So later I was picking out a couple white elephant gifts at Wal*Mart when all of the electricity went out. Not a little flicker, but a full minute in total darkness before the lights came back on. Strange. The weather was clear and everyone was kind of giggling in the darkness. When they finally came back on, I got in line and put all of my items on the conveyor belt. The lady in front of me turned around and started going through all of my stuff. She picked up the game I was buying and read the directions, asked me what a gift of Ned's was for (I can't go into detail, because he does occasionally read this), and she picked up the personal massager and tried it out on herself. Really strange. It didn't bother me too much, but what if I had been buying something embarrassing like ky jelly? Would she have asked me what I was planning to do with it? Later that night Ned and I were trying to figure out where to eat dinner. Seriously, we had driven to 5 different places trying to decide when Ned took a wrong turn and almost ran over his mom in the target parking lot. So she just jumped in and we all had dinner together. What are the chances? Overall, it was a good day, just kind of odd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob and Lori said...

That is a REALLY weird day. I, for one, will stop going through other's things at the Wal-Mart checkout. Didn't know it was weird.