Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tucanos Test

If any of you are unfamilliar with my nephew Jake, you should know this kid can eat! His parents claim he is never full; you finally just have to take the food away from him. I decided to test it out at the only place that could stand up to the challenge of filling a bottomless pit: Tucanos. Here he is, so excited to get started. Half an hour later, he's still grinning. The other kids were good sports too. Jakey's plate after 45 minutes: An hour and a half into it:
This was after almost 2hrs. (Maybe it was more like 1.75, but still!) Jake cried a little when we left. Thomas was getting so bored he tried to climb the rock wall inside the restaraunt, so we found him a more suitable alternative: climbing a rock wall outside the resturaunt. It was a fun afternoon, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed I couldn't fill Jake up. If Tucanos can't do it, nobody can...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun afternoon. Jake loved that they just kept bring meat straight to his plate...he didn't have to do anything. Did I tell you about the talk I had with Dr. Wilcox about his eating and his weight?

Rachel said...

no...

Rob and Lori said...

Is anybody concerned that Jake has a steak knife in his mouth?

chelle said...

The bottomless pit! Wow! Sounds like you gave it a good try! m

Rachel said...

In case you check this more than Facebook - I put up some posts - enjoy! p.s. where are these pictures of your hair of which you speak? I want to see them!